Michigan is their future.
Sending a student to college is a major life event for families as well as students. The University of Michigan is committed to helping you and your student make the most of the Michigan years by providing information about campus life, important undergraduate milestones, and newsworthy events.
- Wednesday, November 26 | Thanksgiving Break begins at 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 1 | Classes Resume
- Wednesday, December 10 | Classes End
- Thursday, December 11 | Study Day
- Friday, December 12 & Monday-Friday, December 15 - 19| Examinations
- Wednesday, January 7 | Winter Term Classes Begin
- Wednesday, January 7 | Winter Term Tuition Due Date
- Monday, January 12| Check Wolverine Access for Student Invoice
- Tuesday, January 13 | Winterfest Student Organization Fair
- Monday, January 19 | Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Symposia; no regular classes
DECEMBER 2 WILL BE GIVING BLUEDAY
U-M will host its first-ever 24-hour online campaign, Giving Blueday, on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Click here to learn more.
U-M RANKS 6TH IN NUMBER OF STUDENTS STUDYING ABROAD
The U-M saw a 15% increase in the number of students studying abroad according to the Open Doors Report by the Institute of International Education. Click here to learn more.
ANNUAL BLOOD BATTLE WITH OHIO STATE
The 33rd annual Blood Battle between U-M and OSU asks the U-M community to donate blood. Click here to learn more.
FALL 2014 UNDERGRADUATE ENROLLMENT
Undergraduate enrollment for Fall 2014 reaches 28,395, an increase of 112. Click here to learn more.
NATIONAL MEDAL OF SCIENCE AWARDED TO U-M PROFESSOR
Robert Axelrod, Professor of Political Science and Public Policy, has been selected for the nation's highest honor for achievement in the field of science and engineering. Click here to learn more.
U-M BIOLOGY STUDENT WINS NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL'S EXPEDITION GRANTED CONTEST
Charlie Engelman will receive $50,000 to fund an expedition to forests across the U.S. Click here to learn more.